Saturday 1 January 2011

Bah! Humbug!

Well that's that then. Another year over (thank goodness) This year has GOT to be better than last.

How ungrateful I am. Last year brought me the best gift of all, a new grandson. So why the Bah! Humbug, you might ask? Well, the new government reduced my benefits by half and the possibility of finding work by 100000000 per cent. I have not managed to stop smoking. I have not managed to lose 2 stone. I have not managed to find the man of my dreams and I have not managed to improve my social life.

I spent New Year's Eve alone AGAIN! I went to bed at eleven. No parties to go to. No-one to go to the pub with.

Today I feel very down and just glad the whole thing is over and done with.

Think yourself lucky, you might think. You have a roof over your head and a lovely family. Well yes, and that makes me feel even worse. I have many things to be grateful for but I just feel downright miserable.

I did try. I put up decorations, bought everyone a present however small. I lit candles and tried to make my home pretty and welcoming but somehow this Christmas it just didn't work. Try as I might I just couldn't rise to the occasion.

So goodbye 2010 and good riddance. Hello 2011, umm well, lets see shall we...

No comments: