Thursday 11 September 2008

A New Home.

Well, i'm in!

My flat is very bijou, especially as it is currently piled high with very large boxes that I have nowhere to unpack.

These boxes contain :-

Books (Mine)

Amplifiers, speakers, videos, football trophys, University folders, more amplifiers, more speakers, one television, one record deck, 4 Meccano sets and board games such as Cluedo, Pictionary, monopoly etc. One enormous box full of electrical equipment that I haven't the foggiest notion what any of it is. (These are all my sons who can't get down for a fortnight)

Oh and 3 old computer monitors et al......

In the meantime, in my tiny living room, I have to stare at them, fall over them and continually curse them and rue the day that I ever had children.

In the foyer, because I no longer have an outdoor space, are one concrete birdbath on a grecian style stand (that nobody can lift)

One huge bright blue tub (that nobody can lift)

2 old computer monitors (that nobody knows what to do with)

and two garden chairs.

On the upstairs landing are twenty five empty flat pack boxes and 19 rubbish sacks full of packing paper which I don't know what to do with as I no longer have a car.

Life is great when you are no longer on the run......

2 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Just dropping by from DOT's to say hi.
Hope you're setting in and gradually finding homes for all your bits.

Girl On The Run said...

Thank you Lane, it has been a long haul but let's hope I can now find some peace. Yes most things are in place and I am starting to explore the area. Hopefully soon I will make some friends here.