Tuesday 16 November 2010

Old friends...

When I was at Grammar School I had two very close friends, we hung around together, borrowed each other's clothes, swapped each other's boyfriends, planned to change the world and swore unending friendship. When we left school we went our separate ways. I stayed in touch with one ( Deb) and lost touch with the other(Gina). Over the years Deb and I learned that Gina has MS and try as we might to find her she proved very elusive. Lo and behold on my birthday this year I got a card with her email address on it via Deb who is the only one of us who has stayed at one address all these years.

I was delighted and we have corresponded ever since. It is wonderful to be in touch again after all this time. She speaks nothing of her illness and I respect that and have not mentioned it either. I have however, told her of my depression, it is part of who I am and as such I think it is important to talk about it. She may think that I have little to be depressed about, in comparison to her health problems I know I should think myself lucky, actually on good days I do think myself lucky. On bad days I don't.




'Despair' by Edvard Munch.



















But right now I think myself so very lucky to have found her again. I hope she stays in touch this time.

No comments: